Sunday, July 8, 2012

Introductions

Dear Reader,


My name is W. Justin Hook.  I am a writer.  I've been a writer.  I just never really acknowledged it until now.  I've written ever since I was old enough to put pen to paper.  I remember when I was in third grade, I wrote a little book about the Ant and the Spider.  I even illustrated it.  Now it couldn't have been more than 30 words total and maybe 10 pages, but I was so proud of that story, not just because I'd done well on an assignment in Language Arts class, but because I realized that I had a love for writing itself.


Later, in middle school I began to write stories about secret agents on great adventures.  I remember the debonnaire spy's name, Mark West.  Recently, I saw there was a wine brand 'Mark West.'  I thought that was a neat coincidence.  Maybe even an omen.


As I grew into my teens, I began to experience the angst-ridden years.  I wrote a lot of poetry.  Two that I sent into a contest were even published.  It didn't really matter to me, though.  I wrote because I enjoyed it, not for recognition.


Throughout my years I continued to write, I have many notebooks full of random thoughts and short stories.  Now, I've decided to really share my writing with the world.  I've decided that although I'm writing for myself, I can still share it with the world to enjoy.  I've always enjoyed helping people in my various careers.  Now, in my writing passion, I can help others, as well.


Now the name My Little Havana is two-fold:  Havana was the place where Hemingway wrote some of his greatest work.  Cuba was also the place where the cigar, of which I am a big fan, originated from.  I find that my little slice of writing heaven is My Little Havana.


Thank you for your time,


W. Justin Hook


Updates to come.  Also, on July 31st, 2012, I will release the first chapter of my currently untitled and unreleased book.

Visit my Facebook author page at W. Justin Hook




No comments:

Post a Comment